Jun 14, 2008

Update

I have been a really bad blogger lately....
So here's a little update on Livie.

She really has been doing well. This is the longest time she's gone without being sick --knock on wood!! It just seems like during the winter time she always had some cold or bug!! Yuck!
Her lungs seem like they are doing better, they aren't as wheezy. She still does her breathing treatments and it really helps.

She does, though, still have her good days and her bad days. Some days are really hard because she just cries and cries. She is inconsolable. This is common with brain trauma. It's going to take time, the brain is still healing. When she has a really bad day and I'm really frustrated I just have to remember how sick she was and just how lucky I am that she is still here.

In a few days Alyvia has some appointments at Primary's and an MRI to make sure the tumor isn't growing back. I am a little nervous about the MRI, Livie does not sedate well, so once again it'll be done under GA. Which is better than her stopping breathing in the middle of the MRI, but I still hate that fact that she'll have to be intubated. I know she's going to have to have MRI's for the rest of her life....but I still get so nervous about them.

Other than that, we've just been keeping busy with life and waiting for summer time to finally show up around here!! (;


Livie went fishing for the first time with her dad. She loved it!! She even had her own Dora fishing pole!!


She's got something
She reeled it in...(or maybe she just backed up until the fish was on the grass!!)

Yay! She did it!!





Alyvia got a kitchen set for her birthday!! She loves playing with it. I highly reccomend this for toddlers...it keeps Livie entertained for hours!! (;






12 comments:

Kristy said...

I love the picture of Livie holding the fish up with her fishing pole. My kids are scared to death of anything that moves!
I'm so glad she is doing good. Good luck with the MRI's:)

Shine said...

What a relief that she's doing so well! I'm so happy for you! And she is SO adorable with her chef hat on!

Landon and Dana said...

i can't believe that she caught a fish!!!! That is amazing and looks adorable doing it. Only true Idaho girls can pull that off. Glad you guys are doing so well!

Kyle and Tiffany said...

It looks like she had fun fishing! What a cutie. The kitchen is really cool. Good job.

The Turnarounds said...

Wow I can't believe that she caught a fish already! Aaron and I aren't well the skilled fishers... Maybe Alyvia will have to show us a few tricks. :)

Misty said...

When you didn't post for a while I was begining to worry. It is so good to here that she is doing good! I missed seeing everyone at the farwell/welcome home! Hope all is well. It is tuff sending a brother off!

The Finlinson's said...

I am so glad to hear that she is doing so well. I hope all goes well with your visit to PCMC. When will you be coming down. I just love the pictures with the sheep. The one with all of them comming down the street is one of the coolest pics by far. Also way cute kitchen. I am near close to getting one for McCall. She really needs something like that to occupy her curious little mind. Hopefully for Christmas.

Lacey said...

She is so cute. It was fun to see you guys at church, I am still amazed to see how well she is doing. Sorry I didn't get to talk much. Glad to see everything is going okay. I loved the fishing pictures.

Jana said...

It's good to see that Livie is doing well. She's so cute sitting at her little kitchen!

rachel said...

What a fun day! I am loving your pictures! Are you editing your pictures and if so, what program are you using because they look great!?

Chrissy said...

That chef hat really is too cute

eric and erika said...

Megan, Hutch an Alyvia,
I am so glad Livie is doing better. It is so fun to see pictures of her. Its amazing how far she has come isn't it!!! You are one amazing mom Megan! I now know from experience..the true meaning of a mothers love! My baby is now 7 1/2 months old. She is the absolute joy of my life. Thank you so much for the gift you left for me at the PICU. That was so sweet of you guys! The outfit is adorable! Hope the MRI went well. Sending my love and prayers!
Erika, PICU RN