Sep 12, 2008

What we've been up to

Alyvia started preschool, I was a little worried about leaving her, (I know, I know I am super paranoid, especially with her breathing issues)... but Livie LOVES it!! She has done really well.
She is learning new things every day and is at the same level as the other kids. Which is comforting to me to know that her brain is definitely working! (:

Health wise, Livie's lungs are still REALLY weak. She just has really bad lungs and when she catches a cold it always seems to go straight to her lungs. This past week she has been really sick, but thanks to breathing treatments and steroids, she is feeling better. I wonder if the day will ever come when Livie can breathe without wheezing or coughing, but for now we will just be grateful for what we have (:

And....her breathing issues, the ones where she just STOPS breathing, are getting MUCH better!! This is the best its ever been! Yay!

Livie still has her good days and her bad days. The bad days are really hard, but we usually have more good days than bad days. I have to remember this is happening because Livie's brain is still healing.

Overall, Alyvia is doing pretty dang good!! (:



GIRL WEEKEND!!!
We went down to Utah and had a girl weekend with all the girls! We had a good time and it was fun seeing everyone.


My sisters!!




While we were in Utah, we went to the Wood park. It was a big hit with Livie. She had fun playing on everything and cried when it was time to leave. She kept saying, "But Mom, I just want to play!!"
It's rough being 3! haha (;


Alyvia and Granny Goose




Playing with Aunt Shayla




Cabala's!!!
We also went to Cabela's. I have never been there before and I was quite surprised with how much I liked it. It was HUGE and we had a lot of fun walking around looking at everything. I even made a purchase from there, who would've thought!!



Livie wanted to sleep here...in the dog house. Haha

Livie and Aunt Tricia

14 comments:

Kendall and Katy said...

Looks like fun! I am glad Livie is enjoying preschool.

Misty said...

It is so good to hear that you guys are doing good. Cabella's is a BIG hit with my kids too! That park looks fun, where is that at?

JC Photography said...

Ooooow! Looks like a very fun trip! I'm totally curious what you would have purchased at Cabela's. I've been there just once and it was totally amazing!

Kristy said...

I love girl weekends or even spending a day with my sisters. Family Rocks!!!

The Turnarounds said...

Megan good to see what you've been up to. And Alyvia is looking Really Good! Come over sometime to make hair bows.

Michele said...

Cute pics Meg! We both updated our blogs this week....kudos to us! Love you!

Kyle and Tiffany said...

Your girl weekend looked like so much fun. I love that you and your sisters are so close. I'm also glad to hear that Livie is loving preschool. She is such a cutie!

Megan and Alyvia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan and Alyvia said...

The wood park is in American Fork, it's really big and has toys for the smaller kids and the bigger kids to play on. Livie loved it!

And Jenny, At Cabela's I purchased a cool wooden gun for Livie, except it makes really annoying sounds!! haha It did keep her entertained for the ride home though!!! And they have handmade chocolates there...so of course I had to buy a few of those as well!!

Megan and Alyvia said...

The wood park is in American Fork, it's really big and has toys for the smaller kids and the bigger kids to play on. Livie loved it!

And Jenny, At Cabela's I purchased a cool wooden gun for Livie, except it makes really annoying sounds!! haha It did keep her entertained for the ride home though!!! And they have handmade chocolates there...so of course I had to buy a few of those as well!!

LexiandGriffinsTaxi said...

We miss you girls SO much! Next time you are in the neighborhood, come knock on my door! :-) I'm glad Livie is enjoying preschool. I bet she gives her teachers a run for their money!

B said...

Yea, girl weekends!!! :) You girls sure are cute. And I love that Livie fancied the dog house. I'm glad Livie's loving preschool and that her stop-breathing episodes are lessening. You are amazing, Megan.

The Carter's said...

Hey Megan! It's so good to see you guys are doing great. and that everything major has passed. I have a hard time keeping in touch with people but I am pretty good about blogging lately. haha. Maddux is also starting preeschool next week. IT is so crazy to think our kids our in school already. I remember when we lived by each other how little they both were. time has flown. Keep in touch. cassie carter

Brenna said...

Hi girls! I just wanted to say hi! Livie looks fantastic! I'm glad that she has been able to start pre-school and that all is well. Take care! p.s. I'm pregnant! I'm due in April!