Apr 8, 2009

The lambing sheds

Livie got to go to the lambing sheds! When the ewe's start lambing (having their babies) this time of year, its a lot of fun to go walk through the sheds and see all the baby lambs. There are thousands of baby lambs being born, they are all legs and so *cute!!
(*I can only say this now, I didn't used to think baby lambs were so cute...You see, growing up we took in the baby bum lambs-the ones that lost their mother's. So we took them in and had to bottle feed them numerous times a day. Not so bad, you might be thinking...that is until your Dad makes you take in EVERY single bum lamb. 74 baby lambs to bottle feed gets a bit overwhelming!! I don't know how we (and 'we' mostly means my mom!) did it 3 times a day!! Haha, good times!! ;)

Livie didn't get to go to the lambing sheds last year due to her medical problems, so this year was fun, especially since her Grandma and Grandpa Phillips took her!

On her way to see the sheep



So cute!

Livie: Look, Grandma, the lambs are waving at me!!!
Grandma: Oh, they are wagging their tails...
Livie: Yeah, they are 'waving' at ME!










Letting the lamb suck on her finger



Thanks again, mom and dad, for taking Livie bug, she loved it!! (:

12 comments:

JC Photography said...

So cute, she is such a doll - those little lambs are as big as her. What a tough chick!

Erin said...

That is so cute! I always thought it was great to go see my friends lambs, how fun for Livi! Hope all is well!

Kristy said...

I loved going to the lambing sheds when we were visiting. I was actually just thinking of that the other day:) It was always so much fun! That's great Livie was able to go with her Grandpa and Grandma!

Collins Crew said...

Oh I bet she loved that! I know Maggie would love that too! How fun for her that your parents have so many animals- I wish I could expose Maggie to more of them, she loves animals!

Misty said...

How fun! That brings back good memories from visting Grandma and Grandpa!

Tenille said...

That does bring back memories. We loved to go! It was always fun to go to Gramdma & Gramndpa's, no matter what we did. We always had fun helping feed the baby calves. Fun times... we will never forget!

Didn't Cassie cut her leg open at the lambing sheds?

Heather said...

How funny I totally remember being up there one year for this!

Hailey said...

That is too cute! I love that Livie even has a fashionable cowgirl hat to go see the lambs! I'm so glad that she is healthy & getting to be a kid! She is adorable!

Kyle and Tiffany said...

How cute! The baby lambs are ALMOST as cute as your little Livie. :)

Amy said...

Ahhh, the farm life! Livie makes a cute little shephard:) I miss you guys, I'm glad we have blogging and e-mails to keep in touch. I'm glad you got that job you were praying for! Woot! Woot! Way to go!!

Shelley said...

How adorable is that?! What fun memories for her (and you)! Maybe you "snake river" girls had it better than us "blackfoot girls" ;).

Jess and the KIDS!!!! said...

Oh I loved the video your siter made for you....i know it has been a rough year for you 2. You are in my prayers often and I am glad to be able to see how things are going for you. Good luck with the next chapter in your life in utah...btw why utah? Take care and I don't know if I ever thanked you or have enough for your help last summer...wow it's been almost a year already. Well thanks. It nice when people actually can understand what you are going through. You ispire so many megan with your faith.