Oct 27, 2009

Livie talk

Livie says the dangest things. I'm not even sure where she gets some of the stuff she says...
I love listening to her talk. She's always been very talkative and good at communicating. I still like it when she pronounces things wrong, like Christmas Eve is "Christmas Steve" and she still uses the phrase, "I'm are," haha, love it. And she still calls me mommy. I super love that.

Alyvia also starts so many of her sentences with "The thing is..."
"The thing is I don't really want to eat that for dinner mommy..."
Haha, she sounds so grown up, I swear she is 4 going on 14!

So the other day Livie got a new baby doll, when I asked her what her baby's name was, she replied, "Peach Hole."
Wow, that just sounds bad, haha and I have no idea how she came up with this. I have since tried to get her to change the name to something else...anything else, but Peach Hole it is.

Livie is also really using her imagination lately, she has an imaginary pet puppy, actually 2 pet puppies and 1 pet kitty. The other day as we were getting in the car to leave Livie starts SCREAMING, I'm thinking she's shut her finger in the door or rolled a body part up in the window, something horrible to cause that kind of screaming...no, we just forget to bring the pets with us...that's right, the imaginary pets. So we have to get out of the car, hike up the 3 flights of stairs to our condo, unlock the door and grab Livie's pets.
Now every time we leave I make sure not to forget the imaginary pets.

Then today, as Livie and I were in the bath tub bathing, I felt something warm trickling down my back, I turn around to see my child standing up peeing on me.
Me- Livie, Oh my gosh, you just peed all over me!!!!
Livie- No, mom, I just peed SOME over you.

(Guess she's much more critical with her words than I am. Whatever, she still PEED on me!!!)

Then the other day I couldn't find Livie, I was calling for her throughout the house and I started to get panicky when I still couldn't find her. She finally steps in from being out on the balcony.
Livie- Mom, I'm just right here.
Me- I couldn't find you, I was started to get worried, Livie.
Livie- Oh, well don't worry, the wind didn't blow me away, I'm still here.
(Haha, like the wind could blow her away ;) Silly girl

And then of course you have to love kids for their honesty.
Like when we were at Walmart in the exchange/return line and Livie pointed to a lady there and said, "Look mom, that lady has a baby in her tummy." And because Livie kept saying this pretty loudly, that 'pregnant' lady informed us that she did NOT have a baby in her tummy, but was just fat. So Livie agrees and says, "Yeah, you are fat."
Talk about mortification. My bright red face and I turned around and left Walmart as fast as we could!!

Or...when I ask my child if she thinks I'm the prettiest mommy ever and she replies, "Well, not today mommy." Haha, thanks Livie, that was not the answer I was looking for, though ;)

I sure love my wild, little Livie bug. She can definitely be a stinker, but she also makes me smile every day!! :)

20 comments:

the Petterson Family said...

What a hilarious little girl! You two seem to have so much fun together!

Ashley and Dave said...

Hahahaaa! These are too funny! I think it is great that she peed on you :) Ha! love it!

Kristy said...

That's too funny!:) I love the name Peach Hole!!! Too cute!!!!

blkris said...

She sounds like a fun little girl and a ball of energy (Wonder where she gets that from! :)
That picture of her by the water is so cute!

Michelle said...

SO funny! I can not believe she peed on you!! Cute little Livie!

Tara said...

She is adorable. So grown up! She sure has come a long way. What precious little memories. So sorry she peed on you!

Mikelle said...

I love it. Kids are so dang funny, it makes up for how dang naughty they are too. I'm so glad that you guys are happy and doing well. Livie is adorable!!!

Erin said...

She is so cute, it was good to read your post! We miss seeing you around. Her hair is so long and pretty, she is a doll!

Doranna said...

oh my gosh she is so funny, i cant believe she peed on you. and taking her out in public probably makes you nervous now jk!!! cutie

our story said...

I do miss the little bug. Life just isn't as fun without you two next to me.

Hailey said...

She has quite the little personality! I'm seriously so scared for when Nash starts talking really good.. I can only imagine the things he will come up with!

Kendall and Katy said...

That is too funny! Love it!

Collins Crew said...

Oh my heck, Im still laughing about these convos. Nate told me she was the funniest little girl he had ever met! I seriously died over the imaginary pets thing. LOL. Her hair is getting so long too- I LOVE it. You two are adorable!

Kristine said...

Hilarious!! What a little comedian. :)

Kyle and Tiffany said...

SO funny! Thanks for sharing all of those funny stories. Livie is TOOOOO cute!

Leslie and Josh said...

Ha ha ha!!! I'm soo glad to hear that my kids aren't the only ones that do stuff like that! Especially the fat lady in the store! We have had few talks about that. Haaa haaahaa! I'm soo glad that you can remember all these funny things she says and does. I think to meyself all the time I have to remember that and write it down. But when I sit down to write it I've already forgotten... aaarrggggg... Love you guys!

Amy said...

I will have to admit the things she comes up with can make a person smile. She is a jem and I am so glad she is here with us. I have a prayer in my heart for her always.

Kara said...

she is such a doll. Funny post! Kids say the funniest things. They keep you smiling thats for sure!

Lacey said...

That is so funny! I love things little kids say.

wrens said...

I bet it is so fun having her around to keep you laughing constantly!! It was good seeing you, your mom and Livie the other day at Sam's Club. We are going shopping this weekend in Utah and I would love to get some of those cute jeans you had on. Please e-mail me at dswren@hotmail.com to let me know where you got them!!