Dec 1, 2009

2 years....



and tumor free!!!! Yay Livie!! :)
Alyvia just had her MRI the day before Thanksgiving...I was sickly nervous, it is out of my hands, but I always worry, its always in the back of my mind, what if...what if the tumor comes back? However, her MRI looked great!! What a great reminder especially around Thanksgiving time of just how much I have to be thankful for. Most of all my healthy little girl :)

There is a little girl in Livie's preschool class whom we have gotten to know. Her name is Maryn, she is 4 years old as and she has a tumor in the same place Livie's was- the brain stem.
This little girl's tumor is not operable. Most tumors in the brain stem are inoperable...radiation does not kill these fast growing tumors, it can only buy her a little more time here on Earth. Maryn is getting sicker and weaker each day. It breaks my heart to watch her slowly dying from this brain tumor. Maryn's mom is not giving up hope yet, though. You can visit Maryn's blog here
Since this touches so close to home for me I can't help but wonder why... Why Livie is still here, especially when the odds were not in her favor at all. She beat all the odds, though, and she really is a miracle. I am SO SO grateful and thankful to my Father in Heaven that she is still here, that she is healthy and doing well.
I don't know what the future holds for Livie, for Maryn, for anyone, but I know we have to have faith and find the simple joy in every day life. Because life is crazy and you just never know what will happen.

I am so glad that I've gotten to spend as much time with Livie that I have, I've been very blessed in that I get to bring her to work with me and then I work some graveyard shifts so I can still be home with Livie during the day. The mother/daughter bond we have is amazing and I just love this little girl's spunk, she definitely tests my patience at times, she is quite the little fireball, but I sure do love you, Livie bug!!! Thanks for being my girl :)
.......................................................................................................
RECAP of Halloween:
(better late than never, right ;)

Carving/painting pumpkins (Livie was totally grossed out by the pumpkin guts so we decided to paint one instead)

Haha love her face!

Finished product

Feeding the geese

Halloween!! Livie was a fairy princess...and yes, she pulls these faces and throws up a peace sign for every picture...

Ha, look at that face...




My sweet little fairy

At preschool with Livie

1 comment:

Amy said...

I feel for Maryn's Mom, what a battle! It's hard to know what to say to someone with her trials, I know it makes me feel uncomfortable and thats good, we need to feel uncomfortable so we can get outside ourselves and help a friend, neighbor or family member. It amazes me how many people like to shut out the bad and only want the good. This is what life is about!! Lot's and lot's of trials and helping each other through them by showing love and kindness.