Jan 19, 2010

My sister, Ashley

Ashley and I aren't even 2 years apart...and growing up we didn't exactly...see eye to eye, haha! Don't get me wrong, I have fond 'growing up memories' with her, but I think because we were so close in age and have such different personalities we argued a lot. My mom would always tell me, "Some day when you guys are grown up and don't live by each other you are going to miss each other and wish you were nicer to each other!"

Well, turns out my mother was right.

As Ash and I got older we realized that we actually quite liked each other and...even had fun with each other, gasp!!! ;)

When I was going through my divorce it was a really hard time for me. Ashley lived here in Utah at the time, but I remeber she was always there for me. She would even come home to Idaho on the weekends and stay with me. She helped me through some really difficult times. Through all of this Ash and I became really close. She is not only my sister, but she became my confident and best friend.

Now, I live in Utah...and I live with Ashley. I know it can't be easy for her to live with me and my little girl. Ashley really is like a second mom to Alyvia. Ash watches/sleeps with Livie when I work nights. Ash also plays with Livie and gives me a breather when she knows I am getting stressed or just 'having one of those days.' I know Ash has had to sacrifice some things for Livie and me.

I just want my sister to know how much I appreciate her. I really could not do it without her help.
Livie loves 'her Ashely.' And I don't even think Ash realizes what an impact she is having on Livie's life. Or mine. Thank you, Ashely!!! Thank you for being a good example and for all you do for us!!
So here's to my sister and my best friend, I love you, oyster!!! :)

Our first day of school: first and second grade

Haha, all I can say is wow, check out that hair!!

Ashley as a blondie!!

2006 (haha, no we do not have perms, our hair is just naturally curly..aka fro-y!! ;)

Ashley visiting us in B-town

Summer time 2006

4/08 I got to go on a cruise with my sister, it was an awesome experience!! As you can tell by my face, I am scared to death and Ash was just laughing her head off, she LOVES heights!!!

We went to Mexico, it was beautiful!!



09, some LV action. Ash's feet were hurting so I did what any big sis would do and gave her a lift ;)

5/09 Livie's 4th B-day!!
Running the 5K together for Brain Injury...and yes, we did actually finish :)

Summer time playtime!! 09

Halloween!!


Livie loves 'Her Ashley' and wanted to dress just like her
Some sisterly love going on here :)



I'm pretty dang lucky I have Ash for a sis!!!

Christmas Eve 09


Most recent "fam picture" Jan-2010 Getting in on some bowling fun for FHE


haha, sorry for the pic overload!!

12 comments:

Ashley Phillips said...

Oh.. where did you get some of those PICS! haha scary! thanks so much "OYSTER" I LOVE YOU oodles! Thanks for being a good little wifey to me and cleaning the house, dishes, laundry etc. :) I do try to be a good hubby! :) xoxo

Hailey said...

I can totally relate to you! Me and my sister Kendall are 2 yrs apart and we faught horrible growing up but around my SR year we became best friends and have stayed that way ever since! Sisters are just the best!

Tara said...

Hooray for sisters. Tandra and I are close in age too. Such fun times. You and Ashley look more alike now then you used too.

Erin said...

Sisters are great - even if I don't tell them all the time. Couldn't get better than built-in best friends.

Misty said...

Great POST!!!! Sisters are AWESOME!!!!! You are both super!

Michelle said...

Sisters are the BEST!! I would be lost with out mine too! Love them. You two are lucky to have each other!! :) We have the best big family ever!!

Kyle and Tiffany said...

You two are so cute. I have some great memeories of babysitting both of you. I always loved coming to your house! You guys were my favorite. :)

Tara said...

oh it makes me wish i had a sister!!! ive never felt that way about my brothers!!! haha

Kara said...

sister really are the best! Thats what they are for:)

Kendall and Katy said...

You guys are awesome! I am glad that you have each other! I love the way back when pictures!!

Michele said...

You girls are my favorites!!! I've been so behind on blogging and just getting back into it!! Love you BOTH! Or I should say, love all 3 of you...don't want to leave out Livie! :)

Amy said...

What a wonderful tribute to your sister!! :) You two are sooo beautiful. I am so glad you guys are able to live together. That truly is a blessing. Keep being true to yourself. Give Livie a hug for me.