Mar 5, 2008

Feeling better, but more seizures

Livie hadn't seen her Gramma for awhile so she was excited to finally see her



We are finally feeling better, yay! Livie still has a cough, but it never got really bad, however she did stop breathing once in the middle of the night because she got so congested she just had a hard time breathing. (Good thing Alyvia still has a pulse ox and I am a light sleeper.)

Livie's lungs have been really wheezy and crackly (from this flu/cold I'm sure) so she's had to do more breathing treatments, but she is definitely feeling better because she's been running around like a crazy girl! I have to make her take a break sometimes because she gets so wheezy I'm afraid she'll stop breathing.

Alyvia was doing really well and hadn't had any seizures for a while (the doctor still thinks it's seizures that trigger Livie to shake and then stop breathing and then to pass out) then yesterday it happened 3 times! Sometimes during the seizures she barely shakes and then sometimes they are so bad that I have to lay her on the bed because I am afraid she is going to hurt herself she is convulsing so bad. Yesterday they were really bad one's, she had a hard time coming to and she had a hard time walking afterwards. Since we've upped her seizure medication when Livie passes out she usually comes right to. It usually only lasts 30 seconds instead of minutes. So that's better, but I wish we could just get the seizures under control. We tried giving her iron supplements to see if that would help....but that didn't go over so well. We are supposed to be talking to Livie's neurologist to see what he wants to do....

Other than that, Livie is still doing well. She is a busy little thing, and I can't wait for the wheather to warm up so I can take her outside!!

We were playing hide-and-seek and Alyvia was hiding....hmmm where could she be
There she is!!




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan!!! I can't believe you found me either! How? I always wonder... its such a great thing! I think about you now and then and I am so glad that you commented. Your little girl is a sweetheart. She looks so much like you! I can't believe all the trials you have been through with her health. You are such a strong mom. That would be so hard. I really hope that things are getting better and not getting worse. She is so lucky to have you.

We are in Provo while Zak goes to school... and I finished school up in Rexburg in August of 06 when we got married. Cool that we did, huh? Man! I miss those good days some times! IT was so fun to live with you and Michele! I heard that Amanda got married a little while ago. I can't see her married! How is Michele doing? I'd love to see you two!

Kyle and Tiffany said...

She is so cute! I love the picture of her hiding. Creative little girl. It's also fun to see her with your mom.

JC Photography said...

Cute pictures!!! Livie is sooo sticken cute. The hide-n-seek pictures crack me up!!!

Jensen's said...

hey there hot thing!!!!!! noelle told me about your blog and i couldn't get home fast enough to see it! You are such an incredible person. I live in Salt Lake now and would have loved to see you so whenever you come down you should let me know and i would love to help in any way! mi casa su casa! love ya tons.... you are GORGEOUS! dana

Misty said...

You capture Livie doing really cute things!!!

LexiandGriffinsTaxi said...

First of all, let me just say that your mom is looking so beautiful! I am glad you are all feeling better, but am sorry to hear about the seizures. Poor thing. I bet she is just so tired of not know what the H is going on with her little self. Lexi and Griffin are counting the days till spring, because Griffin is sure that when it's spring time, it's warm outside... then they say that Livie Bug can come out and play. They are literally crossing days off on the calendar!
Love you guys!

Chrissy said...

Poor thing, I bet she is ready for these seizures to stop already. She is a trooper.

Ashley and Dave said...

You are so gorgeous it makes me want to get a new face and new hair and anything else that could possibly help me! Hello! Why does everyone live in Utah but me?! Actually we did live in Ogden for a bit but I hated it, so now we are back in Rexburg, well almost IF, still going to school for forever! My heart just melts that your beautiful little girl and family are going through this. I will definatley pray for you guys. Livie is beautiful! I am so glad I found your blog! Come visit us at www.littlesugarbooger.blogspot.com. (Oh, yes, I did marry Dave and now we have a little girl- Kinsey!)

Charlie Cooper said...

Megan, sorry to hear about this recent bout of activity but know that you and Alyvia are a continued source of hope and inspiration for our family. Our prayers are w/ ya. --Charlie's Dad--

Pam said...

Darn it.....Seizures are no fun!!

I am glad she is feeling better, hopefully the seizures will be under control soon.

Seizures or not she is the cutest thing ever!!!

((HUGS!!))

Pam and Rhett