Mar 3, 2009

Oh no!!!

Well, we have only been in Utah for 3 days and Alyvia decided to get acquainted with the hospital staff down here.
She got really sick today and it happened so fast. Her lungs were having a really hard time, she was wheezing so much she could barely breathe. Her breathing was so labored I decided to take her to the hospital closest to our house. We went to the ER, since she was struggling so much with breathing they got her in right away. Her oxygen was at 71 (it should be in the high 90's) They called respiratory in right away and did some breathing treatments and gave her some steroids and then tested her for RSV...sure enough she does indeed have RSV, dang it. And its really taken a toll on Livie's lungs since she's had lung disease.
Livie was still really struggling with breathing even after Respiratory worked on her. The doctor told me that Livie was really sick and needed to be admitted, especially with her history of lung disease (ARDS)
So off we went in the ambulance to be admitted to...Primary's!
And that's where we are now.
We don't love being at hospitals, but we sure do love the nurses here (: they always take really good care of Liv.

Right now Livie's SAT's are stabilized (phew) But the RSV is going to have to run its course and meanwhile Livie has to be on oxygen...so as long as she has to be on oxygen she has to be here in the hospital. I'm just hoping things don't get worse. Livie's had a rough day today, but she really is a trooper. One of the nurses even commented how before they saw Alyvia and received the admit for her they went through her extensive medical history and were expecting a little girl with a lot of handicaps and problems, not spunky little Liv!!! (:

5 comments:

Liz said...

I hate having you guys so far away!:{ Give Livie lots of hugs & kisses for me. Tell Livie I will see her soon! Hang in there, I know there are alot of unpleasant memories there. Love you both!!
Mom

Erin said...

Aahh, so sorry! Hang in there - yet again!

Michelle said...

I am sorry to hear you guys are back in the hospital:( I am glad you are closer!! I bet that is so nice.

Amber Wray said...

I'm sorry doesn't really even start to cover the sympathy I have for you and Lyvie. You guys have been through so much already. I'm sure there are many guardian angels watching over you two. Keep the faith and stay strong and count it a blessing that you were so close to Primary's. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Kristine said...

Poor Livie!! It's always scary to "check into" the hospital. We're thinking of her!