Dec 6, 2007

hAppY dAy

Today has been a good day!! Alyvia's cough isn't bad, it's there, but as of right now it hasn't affected her lungs. So hopefully the Influenza will just run its course and be gone in a few days. Livie still has C-Diff pretty bad though. Whenever I change her diaper she just bleeds, its so sad.
Alyvia is talking and responding really well, today has been awesome!! She still gets agitated, and she can't see all the time, but sometimes she does see. Her vision still comes and goes. Today, though, when I would talk to her she would actually look into my eyes (for the first time in a long time) and talk back to me. Just something as little as that made my day.

Through all of this, Alyvia's brain does have damage from all the trauma. We didn't know how much of this would affect our Livie Bug, but she is definitely "in there" and she still has her cute little personality. She still has her agitated moments and crying spells, but she is doing so much better. She still can't crawl or walk yet, but she is a champ at sitting up. She is getting stronger and stronger. She responds now when I talk to her (not all the time, but most the time) and she loves singing. We still sing all the time. Livie still knows all the old songs she used to, and she has learned quite a few new ones. She has gotten to be quite the chatterbox. She has also gotten to be quite the eater....she has definitely put on some weight, she has got quite the chubby cheeks now!! A lot of it is from the steroids she has been on though. She's got the "steroid look" now, where she is bloated and swollen (especially in her face and tummy.) Good thing she is only 2 and can pull off those chubby little cheeks!! ;)
I know that I won't be taking home the same little girl I brought here, but at least I will get to take her home, as we have seen here, not all the children are fortunate enough to make it home. We are so grateful that Alyvia is doing as well as she is.

5 comments:

Tara said...

I am so glad she is having a good day today. I pray constantly that you can bring her home in time for Christmas. These little kids just make Christmas so much funner. I hope things stay going so well.

Kristy said...

We are so glad to hear that Alyvia is improving everyday. My kids love to look at the pictures and hear how she's doing. We pray for you guys everynight.
Love, The Clarke's

Lacey said...

glad to hear that she is doing better. maybe you will be home by Christmas!!! you are in our prayers.
Lacey

Hillary said...

Megan and Hutch~
I just ran across your blog and thought I would let you know that your family is in our thoughts and prayers. I couldn't stop crying as I read through your blog. Good luck and take care!
Hillary Kirwan

Anne Pearson Photography said...

You inspire me!