Dec 1, 2007

Infection

Livie had a really bad night last night. She coded (stopped breathing) this morning, they had to bag her (with the bag and mask.) She is on oxygen right now and she still can't keep her SATs up. She has had a continuous fever, she just can't seem to break it. Her white cell count is elevated (indicating an infection somewhere) we still don't know where. Alyvia had a chest X-ray last night and she does have a little bit of fluid in one of her lungs. So hopefully whatever she has doesn't go to her lungs. Her lungs are still really weak.
Right now, Livie has quite a few doctors working with her trying to figure out whats going on. She has had her blood, urine, and the back of her throat cultured, we are waiting for those results. Today Alyvia will have another CT scan to make sure there isn't anything going on in her brain that we need to be worried about.

3 comments:

Erin said...

It breaks my heart, every time some progress is made, you still have a setback only a day or two later. I am so sorry! Remember you are loved!
-Erin

The Turnarounds said...

Megan,
I'm sorry that Alyvia is taking a step back, this to will pass. She is such amazing and strong little girl. You guys are always in our prayers.
-Vanae

amykae said...

Megan,
I want you to know how much I think of you and your little family and my heart hurts for you but I've been praying for her and fasting for her every chance I get. It breaks my heart. Please Megan if there is anything I can do to help you let me know. Where are you guys staying do you stay at the hospital or do you stay at a hotel? Please let me know. She will pull through Megan I know it. She has faught this hard she won't give up now I promise. Let me know where your staying or if your at the hospital. Take care if you need anything at all PLEASE Megan ask I've been through it all! Love-Amy Jensen (Stevenson)