Dec 11, 2007

wOo HoO!!

Alyvia is doing fantastic!! Her antibiotics for the spinal meningitis end tomorrow, so that means no more IV's!! (It took IV team 4 pokes to get her last IV in because her veins are so bad!) Her C-Diff is finally clearing up, and the Influenza isn't settling in her lungs....so Livie really is doing great. Her vision is also getting quite a bit better. She is so much more like her old little self, just in the things she says and does. It's been awesome to see her like
this. (:
The doctors are even talking about letting us go home this week!! IF all goes well. We are still concerned about Livie's breathing (or lack thereof!) I know CPR and I know how to use a bag and mask (which we'll be taking home with us) but hopefully I won't have to use it on Alyvia. Right now the doctors and nurses are working on a care plan that we can do at home, I am just so excited to think we might be able to go home!!

7 comments:

Erin said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS! Having your little girl home and well - that is the best gift you could ask for! I can't believe you could make it home for the holidays! Good luck, we continue to pray.
Please let me know when you will be coming home so I can go help sanitize your house and get things "Livi-ble" for you before you get home.
Love you guys!

Erin

JC Photography said...

We are sooo excited to hear this good news. What a great blessing. Erin's right - Merry Christmas! Let me know when Erin is cleaning and I'll be there to help too!
Jenny

The Turnarounds said...

We are SO HAPPY for you guys!! Having Alyvia back home and celebrating Christmas at home is Wonderful news. If there is anything that we can do to help too Please let us know...
-The Turners

Nikkala said...

Yay! How exciting.

Chrissy said...

She looks so healthy and happy in those pictures! Ya!

Brenna said...

Hey! Don't think I have forgotten about you. I've been wanting to come and see you, but the last few days have been so busy in the unit that I can barely get away for lunch. I was so happy to read how well Livie is doing! I really hope that you can make it outta there this week! I won't be in for the rest of the week though, so I won't get to see you off :-( I hope that we can keep in touch though. I would love to see Alyvia's progress! Take Care!

Tara said...

That is so exciting. I'm so glad she is doing well and that you kept the faith in God and Alyvia through all of this. You are a rock. Hope you have a Very Merry Christmas.
Love,
Tara