Jan 26, 2008

MRI

We are going back down to Utah, Alyvia has an MRI early Monday morning. It is a follow up MRI to make sure that the tumor isn't growing back. Alyvia's tumor was the lowest grade and not cancerous, however, they can grow back. Hopefully not this soon (actually hopefully not ever!) if it does grow back soon then it would most likely be treated with chemo or radiation. Hopefully we won't ever have to go there.

I am a little nervous...Livie has had numerous CT scans (they only last a few minutes, but they don't show as much as an MRI) an MRI lasts 45 min to an hour and Livie will have to hold perfectly still in a tiny enclosed space....yeah right. So she will need to be sedated...but Alyvia does NOT sedate well and usually sedation causes her to stop breathing (which happened during her last MRI and she had to be "bagged" in the middle of it...needless to say we didn't get any MRI results.) This time everyone is aware of Alyvia and her "issues" with breathing so Livie will do the MRI under general anesthesia. Everything should go well, I just get nervous. I guess it's because I still remember the MRI when the doctor came in and said that Alyvia had a tumor in her brain stem. In an instant our lives were changed forever.

We are sooo grateful though, that the tumor in Alyvia's brain stem was not cancerous. After everything that has happened to Livie, it has really given me a new perspective on life. Which is why I love this quote: "When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive -to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius

3 comments:

Pam said...

Hi there, I have been following your adorable little girl for the last month and a half or so. She is amazing, and so adorable.

I found your blog through some of our heart friends. I have a little guy who has chronic health issues.

We are scheduled for an MRI on Monday morning at PCMC too. Rhett has to go under general anesthesia as well because he likes to not breathe when sedated.

We are looking for brain injury due to lack of O2 when he was overdosed on pain meds in the hospital, as well as looking at his upperairway to see why he stops breathing at night.

It just doesn't get any easier once you have been through so much does it?

I just wanted you to know that I think of you guys often, and you all are amazing.

Your little girl is absoutley beautiful.

((Hugs!!))

Pam and Rhett

Collins Crew said...

Meg! Oh your too cute! Thanks for the sweet comment. And yes being a mom is the best! Im so glad you found my blog. I just read through yours and WOW- I am in shock of everything your little family has endured! My heart goes out to your little livie! What a trooper! Your so strong meg, I can't imagine going through all that. You truely are an amazing mom. I'll be sure to add you to my "friends" so I can keep tabs on you guys- I wanna keep in touch, and if there is ever anything I can do please let me know... You look so great by the way- remember our "weights" class together- those were some good times. ha ha. miss "pull ups" queen.
luv ya, stef

JC Photography said...

Our Prayers are with you for nothing but good results. You're both amazing. I love the quote - life IS precious.