Nov 30, 2007

Have to take the good with the bad

Alyvia had a great night last night, she was talking really well and we were singing nursery rhymes together, and she would kiss me and tell me that she loves me. It was great. (: I really miss those fun times we had together, its crazy how much I took those moments for granted.
Through the night Livie didn't de-sat, (her oxygen didn't get low) so thats good. She does use blow by at night. She would NOT do the oxygen through the nose, so the doctor decided we could just use blow by at night and nap times instead of the nasal cannula. I think that was probably a good decision on his part, considering Livie is 2 and the only thing she'll put in her nose is her fingers!

Last night was awesome, but today Alyvia has been really agitated and her heart rate has been really high. She also has a fever. Which the doctor is trying to figure out why, becasue Livie is on some heavy duty antibiotics....she shouldn't have an infection anywhere. So Livie will have some lab work done to see if they can find a reason for the fever....

2 comments:

Tara said...

That is terrific that you had a great night. I'll say my prayers that the fever is nothing to serious and that she stays on the right tract to getting better. You are both so strong.

Anne Pearson Photography said...

Megan! Once again...thanks for sharing with all of us. Your courage and strength amazes us. I'm sure it doesn't feel like you're very strong sometimes, but all of us "bystanders" are amazed, as we were with Jen and Justin, at just how strong you truly are. You are an example to us. Hope Alyvia has a good night...it has to be very hard, I'm sure, to watch her go through her "not breathing" spells. Good luck...and good faith! Anne