Feb 4, 2008

Doing pretty good


Love her to pieces!!
Alyvia is still doing pretty good. She still has some issues with her breathing, but the siezure medication seems to help with that. She's been a little more agitated this week (we've had to give her Ativan.)
Livie's lungs have also been really wheezy. I don't know if it's because she's running and moving around a lot more, she just gets so wheezy she has to take a break and sit down because I am afraid she'll stop breathing. (I talked to the Dr about it today and we are going to try a different asthma treatment for her to see if it'll help.) Alyvia had asthma (bronchial spasms) in the PICU when her lungs got so sick, but she never had asthma before all this happened. The doctors said that because of the ARDS (lung disease) her lungs will never be really great, she has so much scar tissue (and a little fluid still in them) but her lungs will grow until she's 8 years old, so that will help. She'll get some healthy new lung tissue as they grow. So for now, Livie has to take it a little easy, her lungs are still pretty weak....Which is why she still can't go out. We've had a few visitors, but Alyvia's still not ready to go out. (Sometimes we put her in the car and go for a drive though, just to get her out the house--okay, and Mom too!) So until the weather warms up, we're just hanging out at home.

Livie and "Hutchie"
She closed the door and got her nightgown stuck!


Silly girl!!

6 comments:

Mikelle said...

Yes I still check your blog every day. I love to see livie progressing. It's amazing what you guys have been through and how everything has worked out. I'm coming home in April so hopefully we'll be able to play with Livie by then!

Tara said...

I am so glad that Livie is doing well and that things are looking up for you guys. She is so cute and she looks like a typical two year old from her pictures. Just looking at her recent pics you'd almost never know she was sick. She looks GREAT!!

Charlie Cooper said...

Greetings from the PICU. Alyvia is so dang cute. It is mind-blowing to think about were she is now after what she has been through. Her kind of recovery is what we hope for. -Charlie's Dad

Collins Crew said...

Hey mego- your too sweet. Your comments always make my day. Livie is such a doll! And so are you! I love how she calls Hutch "Hutchie" that is the cutest thing ever! Glad things are going good. Keep in touch- you guys are in my prayers!

Kyle and Tiffany said...

Livie is so beautiful! I'm glad that things are still going well.

Shani said...

Megan- Alyvia is beautiful! I can tell by just looking at her that she is so dang spunky and has quite the personality! It gives us so much hope to see how well she is doing and we pray that things continue to go well in her recovery! And I think you are right, I bet Charlie does hear my songs!