Feb 24, 2008

Our Week



We have had quite a busy week. Alyvia is officially potty trained!! Wa-hoo! She's actually been wearing panties for the past couple of weeks, but we've had a really busy past week and she didn't have any accidents, not even when we were traveling in the car--knock on wood!)

Livie also had a play date. We went to Katy and Madie's house and Alyvia loved it. Madeline is close to Livie's age, and they played great together. Alyvia did really well, (she did get a little tired, probably from running around so much) but she is already asking when she can play with Madie again! (:
Livie hasn't been around kids her own age in a long time, so I was a little worried how she'd interact, but she did just fine. In fact, Livie gets to start a play group (Early Intervention) pretty soon so she can have some child interaction. I think it'll be great for her. Especailly since she is an only child.

Hutch has been REALLY sick (along with everyone else it seems) so we are trying super hard to keep Livie healthy. Hopefully she does not catch this nasty bug thats going around...bleh!

And lastly, my child has reached that point in age which I've heard others refer to as "the terrible two's!" ;) Livie is very independant now. She gets to decide what she wants to wear, eat, ect. Our day today was something like this: Alyvia gets up and decides she just doesn't like any of the clothes she owns and tells me she just wants to be naked. I of course say No, then Livie proceeds to take all her clothes off anyway. All of them. I finally convince her to at least wear her panties. I then fix her favorite bowl of cereal, and Livie says, "No, I don't like that mom." She ate it yesterday, and the day before that, but whatever. So I make her something else. (she didn't like it either.) Then it's potty time. I take her to her choice of potty (she has 2) and of course she doesn't like either one of them. She likes my bathroom with the big toliet. So I let her use it, and she fell in! It didn't even phase her, she did her duty and was off playing with her toys. Naked.
I've heard this is normal behavior for a 2 1/2 year old. So I think we're doing alright.
Alyvia has this new found independance and is loving it, maybe a little too much, haha. She makes me laugh everyday with the things she says and does. She has got so much personality! As stressfull as it can sometimes be, I really do love being a mom.

WARNING: This is just a warning to anyone who might stop by our house, there is a very good chance my child will be running around buck naked. (;


Alyvia's "big girl Dora panties!"
What a cute bum!! Cheese!

7 comments:

Tara said...

Congratulations on the potty training. That is awesome. I wish I could get Martin trained. It is so great to see Alyvia doing so well after all she's been through.

Chrissy said...

Naked is a nice way to be! Haha

LexiandGriffinsTaxi said...

Super good news! Just wait till you are busy doing something and you here "Mom, I'm done!" Or, "Mom, come wipe my bum!" The best is when there are people over and they make their announcements! Love it! We are so glad you guys are doing so great and going through all the "typical 2 year old things". We hope Hutch-ie feels better soon! If you guys need anything let me know!

Mikelle said...

I love it, looks like I have alot to look forward too. I'm so glad you guys are getting out and having some fun. That means when I come to B-town we'll be able to get together! Tell Hutch I'm sorry he's sick, no fun.

Hillary said...

Yahoo! Looks like your potty training efforts were a huge success. Livie looks amazing, happy and healthy!!!

Erin said...

Congrats! Why is it that Livi can potty train in a few weeks and what it took Macie at least 9 months!! Lucky you! I hope you can keep her from getting sick! I think I need therapy just to get through the "terrible two's" that seem to hang on even into the three's! I'm glad you can laugh at it all!

The Turnarounds said...

Congratulations on potty training Alyvia! Great Job!!