Feb 12, 2008

We've been tagged

We've been tagged. You are suppposed to list 7 facts about yourself...and since this blog is mostly about Alyvia I am going to list 7 things about her too.
Here we go....

Megan
1. I absolutely love summer, I LOVE camping and boating. I also like fishing and just being outdoors. I love when it's warm enough to jump on the trampoline and sleep overnight on it.

2. I love fashion. For as long as I can remember I have loved clothes and jewelry, and just shopping in general. I like purses and shoes, I like getting dressed up. It's just who I am. However, I am quite the bargain shopper, I very rarely pay full price for something. (Really, I think Rachel and I are the thriftiest shoppers around!)

3. Biggest misconception about me: Because I like fashion and shopping, people assume I am prissy...NOT true. I grew up on a farm. I had to feed calves every single day and work on the farm. My dad made sure I knew what hard work was, manure was a part of my every day life. In fact, some of my fondest memories growing up are rounding up cows with my dad and checking the cows during calving season (I still go check cows with him.) I guess I really am a country farm girl at heart.

4. I have a lot of SCARS!! I was in a really bad car accident 1 1/2 years ago. In addition to breaking 7 bones the glass did quite a number to my arm and back. The glass also cut my face/eye up pretty bad. I had to have 2 reconstructive surgeries to repair the damage done to my face/eye. My scars used to really bother me, but not anymore. They are just a part of me.

5. I love hot baths! I rarely shower, bathing is my thing.

6. I also like to READ! I seriously read everything. I read books from the Twilight series, to Ann Rule, to National Geographic, to People magazine.

7. I have the greatest family ever. I have been blessed to be a part of such a large, loving extended family. Cousins, aunts, Grandma's....I love em' all.


Livie bug
1. Alyvia loves Dora the Explorer, I mean LOVES Dora.

2. Livie also really loves ranch. She would dip her cereal in it if she could.

3. She has got the smallest feet! She is finally in a toddler size 5 now. She just has little feet.

4. Alyvia is a night owl. She always has been. She never goes to bed before 10:30 PM, but she does sleep in, which is nice since Mom is not a morning person.

5. Livie also has quite a few scars from everything that she went through in the hospital. Someone once told me that Livie's scars were "scars of strength." I agree.

6. Along with the usual nursery rhymes she sings... Alyvia loves the Avril Lavigne song, "I don't like your girlfriend." She blares it at the top of her lungs. I am not sure where she picked this up, it's not the typical toddler song, but she loves it!

7. Alyvia's got a lot of spunk! She loves pink and princesses, but she also loves snakes and motorcycles. She makes me smile every single day, and has got quite the personality. I sure am lucky I get to be her
mom.
Now I tag....Summer, Jenny, Mikelle, Stef, and Shelley, I want to know 7 things about you guys!

7 comments:

Collins Crew said...

Oh Meg- Love the 7 things tag. As soon as I can get my little monster out of my hair for more then 5 minutes I'll sit down and do it. PS You are so gorgous! Love that pic of you and Livie!

Liz said...

I smiled about being prissy and remember the true culprit for playing that role. That would have to go to Ashley, remember how afraid she was of the calves, ecspecially if one got out, she would climb up the hay bales so they could'nt get their slobbers on her? And the many bum lambs you got to feed night and day--Ahhh aren't you glad your a Mom and now that wonderful job has been passed off to Shayla and Caleb.(sorry Ashley If you read this, but the calves were never your thing, they were never mine either!) Thanks for the memories Megan!

Shani said...

So where do you do most of your bargain shopping? I have wondered where you got all of your cute clothes! And from someone who hasn't met you, I can say that "prissy" was never a word that came to mind. Selfless, humble, faithful, devoted mother, etc. These are the words that I thought of when I saw your blog.

JC Photography said...

It is so fun to read your blog. I loved the part about "scares of strength" - that is so true. Both of you two girls have been through a LOT the last few years, and your have overcome it all in an amazing way!

Bill & Jen said...

Hey Megan! How is Lyvie doing? No more breathing episodes or anything??? She is adorable and I am so very happy that she made it through that horrible time. She had her heavenly fathers arms wrapped around her along with her strong and faithful parents.. Hope all is well.

Kendall and Katy said...

Madeline LOVES the song 'I don't like your girlfriend' as well. Sings it at the top of her lungs. She also likes 'Big girls don't cry' or anything by Fergie. Or as she says Fuwgie. She hasn't quite mastered the r's yet. Oh and I could use a shopping lesson from you. ;-)

Jana said...

Thanks for sharing about yourself and Livie. I've heard a few people rave about the Twilight series. I was thinking about getting a copy...but the danger of a good book is that when I start reading, I don't do anything else until the book is done!