Feb 8, 2008

Just a little update

I found her like this...


Alyvia had a flare up of C-Diff this past week....Yuck! I hate C-Diff, and I am pretty sure Livie hates it too! C-Diff is so hard to get rid of!! Luckily, we got it under control again. Antibiotics don't seem to help at all, but we found an awesome pro-bacteria that works really well.
We also got the lab work results back from when Livie was at Primary's and her iron is pretty low. (Which could be from a couple things: being so sick, C-Diff, having so many blood transfusions...)So we are starting Livie on an iron supplement. Alyvia's breathing episodes have gotten better, but she still passes out a few times a week, the doctor thinks this is happening because Livie's iron is so low....I guess we'll find out.
Overall, Livie is still doing great! She was quite cranky when she had that C-Diff flare up, not that I can blame her, but she is finally starting to sleep better at night, and her "seizures" are under control. She is also walking just about like normal and her "roid swelling" is finally going down...although she still has a double chin!! (:

Livie and her Occupational Therapist

More OT


What can I say, she's my little Thug!

8 comments:

Tara said...

Alyvia is so cute. That stinks about C-diff, but atleast you were able to get it under control. I hope and pray things keep going well for you. Have a great day.

Lacey said...

I am so glad she is doing better. Those pictures are soo cute.

JC Photography said...

That is THE cutest thug I ever saw! What a doll!

Pam said...

She is so adorable!! I hope things continue to keep looking up for you!! You really deserve it!!

I hate C-diff. Rhett always gets that whenever we spend time in the PICU.

By the way, I tagged you over at my blog for a meme.

((Hugs!!))

Pam and Rhett

LexiandGriffinsTaxi said...

She looks so cute in "Hutchie's" hat! What a little lady she is turning into!

Tammy and Parker said...

I just discovered your site. I have a little guy with Ds and who struggles with flare ups from c-diff as well.

Have you guys tried Vanco? It is an antibiotic that helps Parker with his c-diff. We are also using probiotics such as Florastor (I'm not sure if that is the right spelling.) Dr. Jackson at PCMC started us on it.

Nice to meet you. :)

Tammy and Parker

Collins Crew said...

Meg I cant tell ya how much I admire you! I marvel at everything you post. You'r the strongest person I've ever met! Livie has the cutest personality! Thank you for your sweet comments about Maggs. Im glad to know Im not the only mother that pierced her babys ears... keep in touch. you guys are in our prayers.
xoxo stef

Sara Llewellyn said...

I found your blog through Charlie Cooper's and couldn't help but read every bit of it. You and your daughter are amazing. She is so adorable. I hope she can get the C Diff under control. I got it in June of 07 when I was in the hospital with my little brother and it was horrible!! I started to do better once they finally diagnosed me and put me on probiotics like culturelle and acidophilus. I've been on them for 6 months and am so happy that I can eat again. I really hope Alyvia keeps improving. Your family will be in my prayers,
Sara Llewellyn