Apr 22, 2008

I'm back!


Ashley and me


I'm back!! I went on a week long cruise with my sister. We had a great time, it was so nice to be in WARM weather! It was a really fun (and probably needed ;) vacation. I was really worried about leaving Alyvia (I have never left her and with everything that's happened I was worried how she'd do) She was in good hands, though, and she did great!
Now that I am home though, Livie is sick again! Bleh! She has C-Diff yet again (it is a constant battle with that C-Diff!) And she's had an ongoing fever, hopefully this is just from the C-Diff. So she's not feeling too hot, but her lungs sound great! She isn't wheezing and her oxygen is good.
I decided that I am just going to have to keep Livie indoors until it warms up around here (which could be a while!) She just seems to pick up every germ, I don't think her immune system is quite ready to be out and about yet.

Before I left, we had a nice, sunny day (pretty rare, I know!) So we took advantage of it and Livie played on her trampoline. She absolutely loved it! I couldn't get her to come back in the house, we even had to eat lunch on the tramp. She was a little hesitant at first (she hadn't been on the tramp since before the brain surgery...) but she remembered all her old "tricks" and showed them off for me! It was fun, Alyvia LOVED being outside in the nice weather.

Now if it'll just warm up and be summer already...!



Woah...catching some air!!

10 comments:

rachel said...

I think it's great that you went on a cruise with Ashley and yes, you probably did need it! I love the pictures of Alyvia jumping on the tramp...she looked SOOO happy!
By the way, your background is very cute!

Jess and the KIDS!!!! said...

WOW! A cruise, a much needed vacation I am sure. Sorry liv is sick again with c-diff. If you need anything give me a call. Glad that you had a fun time with your sister. I echo the warm weather thing!

Bill & Jen said...

Hey Megan!! How fun for you....I need to go do that! :) I'm not sure if you saw the news of if the Christensen's mentioned it to you personally (charlie) but, they aired their story and Bless Rob's heart, he got all choked up talking about how bad Charlie was and that he stumbled across your blog and new that they weren't alone in their journey. (I've been following his little journey)I just wanted you to know that I think that was an important special thing that you did to reach out to this family....
We sure do miss you guys!!!
Tell little Livie to get over that C-diff!! :)
Here is the clip if you didnt see it.
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3135995

Charlie Cooper said...

Hey Megan- I just wanted to let you know that you and Alyvia have impacted on our hearts and to tell that Rob mentioned you in his comment on the news last night. Of course the news said a "family from Idaho with a child with bacterial meningitis". I know Livie had spinal menigitis but I just wanted you to know that Rob really related to you especially during the critical stages. Thanks again for your supporting comments and we would love to meet you sometime too.

Erin said...

Glad you are back and had fun, that is great that you were able to get away for a bit. I bet Livi sure missed you. Good luck once again with the nasty yuck that she has caught.

The Turnarounds said...

Looks like you had a Great Time, for a well needed vacation especially. You are Awesome Megan. Everyone who knows you, Love YOU! Can I be you when I grow up?!

Misty said...

How fun! You know we are all a little jealous. I love how kids can jump and jump and jump:)

LexiandGriffinsTaxi said...

We are so glad you are home!!! Super sorry you had to come home to such yucky weather, though!
The girls loved their tresures, that was so nice of you to think of them!!
Bring Livie over when she gets feeling better. XOXO

Shani said...

I am sorry Livie has C-diff again. That is a bummer. And it looks like you guys had a ton of fun on a much needed vacation to somewhere warmer than here! Lucky! Hope things are going well for Livie and your family. We pray always for you.
P.S. It is nice to know that there are others out there with "sexy swimsuit scars"!

Shar said...

I was looking at Charlie Coopers blog and came to your blog from there.

Your little girl is so cute. It's amazing how tough little kids are!

You look very familiar to me. Maybe from Ricks College? Anyhow, I think it's great that you are sharing your daughters story. I'm sure it is very inspirational to lots of families!

P.S. I LOVE Ann Rule and have read all of her books.