Apr 2, 2008

Reality Check

Livie saw the pediatrician today. He said it is very likely she has RSV, her lungs are just so damaged they're having a really hard time working against this virus. Her SAT's were borderline low (87-92) they should be a little higher. Her heart rate was pretty high. (Probably from working so hard to get oxygen to her body.) I am keeping a close eye on her. If her SAT's get any lower or she spikes another fever, than I have to take her back to the doctor. We really want to keep her out of the hospital. Our pediatrician has been so great with Livie and won't hospitalize her unless he has to.

It was just unexpected because Alyvia looks so good and she's done so well since we've been home. She has made soooo much progress, but I had a reality check today,
Livie's lungs are still damaged and weak.

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed and praying that she'll beat this little set back like she has the others. (:

10 comments:

Erin said...

I am sorry, she will bounce back though. What a scare - love you guys, you are always in our prayers.

Misty said...

We will keep praying for her too!!!

Jana said...

We'll be praying too, thanks for the update.

Jess and the KIDS!!!! said...

Sorry to hear that livie has had a setback. If it would just warm up here in the land of artic fronts:) if you need anything feel free to call. BTW I like your idea about a girls shopping trip. I miss all the shopping out east. Especially the no sales tax and The children's place 99 Cent deals. Take care

Tara said...

Livie is so strong especially since everything she has conquered. She'll bounce back. I'll pray for you.

Pam said...

I'm sorry she's sick. Hopefully she will bounce back soon. We are the same way about being in the hospital. We do everything we can to stay home.

You never know what they are going to catch when they are there.

Rhett's lungs are pretty weak too from when he was overdosed, and had that aspiration pnemounia. We had RSV back in October, and it was scary. We were sooo close to being admitted, and then he bounced back.

THAT is exactly what I am praying for to happen with Livie.

((HUGS))

Pam and Rhett

Kristy said...

We will be praying for her too!

Charlie Cooper said...

You know Meghan we would love to meet Alyvia some day but not here in the hospital as neighbors stay far, far away. Coming here would be a sure fire way to get RSV. Everyone in this place has it. We're praying for a quick rebound. -Charlie's Dad-

Tammy and Parker said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to read this.

I'll keep you guys in my prayers that this is just a very quick deal....and that your beautiful girl will be back to her usual self soon!

Meghan said...

megan, we will say prayers that livie will get better right away.
-charlies aunt