Nov 11, 2007

Lumbar drain trial


Alyvia's Happy Face


Alyvia's Mad Face

Alyvia is doing great!! She is talking so much, she is forming her sentences better and she has quite the opinion on whatever she can talk about! I feel like I have my Livie Bug back. (: We also get to hold her 3 times a day now (they have to clamp the lumbar drain off and they can only clamp it for 30 min 3 times a day) Its been so nice to be able to hold her and rock her.

She is getting stronger and stronger every day, I can't wait for her to start physical therapy. Now that she is more responsive and aware of her surroundings she is getting pretty sick of laying in bed all day.

Today was Livie's lumbar drain trial, it was slowly raised throughout the day, this will tell us whether or not her spinal fluid is absorbing and circulating like it should....and so far it hasn't had a whole lot of drainage, so thats good! Hopefully this means her head is healing and there won't be anymore spinal fluid leakage XXXXXX (that means I am keeping my fingers crossed!)

We have really enjoyed the visitors, phone calls, messages and packages we've gotten, thank you!! (-:

4 comments:

Liora said...

YAY!! We are so happy to hear such good news!! Know that our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Liora & Heber

Tara said...

Megan I am so glad to hear that Alyvia is doing so well. I am so excited to see good news almost every day. Have a great day.
Love,
Tara

Libbie and Fam!! said...

I am so excited for you. I read your messages each and everyday and have been waiting for such a great message as this one.. I am so happy for you, Hutch and Alyvia.. That is so neat.
Libbie

Leslie and Josh said...

We are so thankful for you guys. It must be such a relief to see your little girl emerge. Good luck with physical therapy.
Love you,
Leslie, Josh & kids