Nov 13, 2007

The Brain is still healing


Livie Bug and her dad after surgery


Daddy & Alyvia snoozing at the Hospital together

Livie still has the lumbar drain in, her neurosurgeon is out of town so we are waiting for him to come back and decide what needs to be done. Everyone else is saying that Alyvia will need a shunt put in her brain because her CAT scan showed that she still has a lot of fluid in the ventricles in her brain, I have felt really good about everything though, so I don't know if a shunt is what needs to be done, shunts have such a risk of infection and getting clogged.....

Also, Alyvia is going to have an opthamology exam because she does not seem to be tracking and seeing. Sometimes it seems like she can see, but whenever we hold objects in front of her, she can't see them. Because the tumor was in her brain stem (one of the worst places because the brain stem controls so many different functions) her vision might be permanently damaged. I am hopeful though because she's already amazed the doctors with her progress.

She has an MRI and another ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow so I will keep you all posted on those results.

5 comments:

Erin said...

She really has come so much further and faster than the doctors anticipated, keep the faith - miracles happen. You are an amazing mom - she is surly blessed because you are her mom. We love and miss you.
-Erin

Darci Kae said...

megan i am so happy your little angel is doing so good it makes me so happy!!! i think of you guys all the time and hope and pray for your little wonderful family!!!

Brenna said...

Megan, it was so good to see you yesterday. I'm so glad to hear that Alyvia is doing well with her treatment. She is such a special little girl and so strong! She has been through so much and will continue to fight! I have always been impressed with your faith and drive and commitment to your daughter throughout all of this. Please keep me posted on Alyvia's progress!

Amanda Hansen said...

I love getting to see all the pictures of you guys down there. It amazes me how great she looks. We're so happy that she is doing so well. We think about you guys all the time and miss having you around. Give Alyvia kisses for us - Love Josh, Amanda & Quinten

Quintin & Teresa said...

I love all the new pictures you've added! She's such a cutie! I love that you still always have her hair done so cute through it all! I'm so happy to see how much she's improving!