Nov 7, 2007

Another Day

Livie Jo and her Grandma

I can't believe we've been here 44 days!! I am actually starting to get a little homesick, but I am not going home without Alyvia. She is still making daily progress, she put a french fry in her mouth, which doesn't seem like much, but it was really hard for her to do. She also said a few words today: mommy, sick and beep-beep-beep. She still gets really agitated and the only thing that sometimes calms here down is when I sing to her....so the lucky nurses have to listen to me sing all the time!! haha! Livie's lumbar drain is still working....the next step will be to see if her brain/spine is making and using the spinal fluid as its supposed to or if she will need a brain shunt to regulate it.

5 comments:

Ashley Phillips said...

I am getting homesick for you and livvy bug! Mom said she fell from her bed and hit her head! Is she okay? I really really hope she is! I am going to try and come down this weekend! Keep your fingers crossed... I just miss you guys soooo much! I love you!xoxox
ash

Nana Pat said...

Megan, I'm so glad she is making baby steps. We will keep praying and have faith all will turn out great. Cross your fingers and toes that she won't have to havwe a shunt. love ya livie bug.

Liora said...

It is so good to hear of Livie's progress!! She is in our prayers everyday - Jenessa makes sure we don't forget!

Liora

Shelley said...

You have got to be the most amazing mom! I'm so glad to hear she is progressing. Thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

My name is Toni Segars my dad is Tom Archer your husband works with him. I have asked my dad for updates on Alyvia and he gave me this website. I was wondering if you would mind if I gave it to my mommy group. They are a wonderful group of ladies they all pitched in for the quilt. If you do not want me to give out the website I understand. You and your family are in our prayers. Alyvia is a beautiful little girl. GOD BLESS YOU.

Toni