Nov 9, 2007

Chatter Box

Real Food for the first time in Almost 7 weeks...

Alyvia started talking!! She slurs some of her words, and sometimes she mixes them up....but she is definately talking! She jabbers all the time now, I think she just likes to hear herself talk. Its amazing how much has come back to her, she remembers names, colors, animals and of course her favorite food...chicken nuggs with ranch and fry sauce, so thats what she got to eat for lunch today. She LOVED it! Her feeding tube was also taken out since she is eating so well and she was weighed today.....she has finally broken 20 pounds for the first time ever!! Livie was SO skinny after coming out of the PICU, but now she has a huge appetite and can eat and hasn't thrown up once! Thats got to be so nice for her. Her cheeks are so chubby, I love it, she finally looks healthy (and then some!) Her brain is definately trying to heal. Alyvia's eyes still aren't working all the time, she started crying and said "I can't see, I can't see!" and sometimes she wants us to "turn the light on" when its day light, so hopefully that keeps getting better too. She has made a lot of progress the past couple days, she even smiled for the first time and said " I love you momma" it was the greatest thing ever!

10 comments:

sarah said...

Megan,
It sounds like you have had a wonderful day . I am so glad to hear that , Silas keeps me posted on how things are going and I am checking up on you two everyday on here. I am SOOO happy for you. Keep your chin up, and enjoy the good days.
We are rooting for you guys from the PICU.
Sarah , Silas & Noah Wyman

lexiandgriffinstaxi said...

I have been waiting for this post all day! She is such a little miracle and you are such a great mom! Lexi and Griffin are so excited that their best pal remembers them and they can't wait to hug and kiss her. You are such a great example of faith, and Livie is such a great example... of everything! That little girl is going to do some great things here on this earth and touch many lives... even more than she already has. As always, you are all in our thoughts and prayers. XOXO

Jenn said...

Emily wants to share chicken nuggets with Alyvia next time we are down! That is so awesome she is doing so well, we can't wait to see her.

Kendall and Katy said...

Hurray!! I am so excited that little Alyvia is coming back. I got all teary eyed on the " I love you momma" part! She is such a special little girl with an awesome mom!

Nikkala said...

Megan,
Just wanted you to know that we celebrate every step forward with you! You are in our prayers.
Nikkala

Nana Pat said...

Hutch it was so great last night when you put Livie on the phone to have her say Hi grandma I'm mad. What a little blessing. You are in our prayers. I'm excited she is finally gaining weight. She will be better before you know it. Love you mom.

Anne Pearson Photography said...

I'm so glad that your little lady is talking! What a wonderful improvement. I wish I could have met her while we were with Jen and Justin in the hospital. I love the title of your post....people sure do find a reason to believe. Thanks for all the kindness you showed Jen and Justin, Emily and Sweet Mr. Ian while they were in the PICU. You all amazed me the few times I was able to visit.... all trying to lift eachother up and find the positives. What examples!
Love, The Pearson's

Heart Mommy said...

Megan,
I am so glsd we can keep up on each other.... I am glad Alyvia is doing well.... She is such a cutie pants. I am going to post you under friends so we can keep up with you guys too... Brynn

JC Photography said...

Megan,
It has totally made our day to know that Alyvia is taking some HUGE positive steps forward. Todd and I were just saying how wonderful it is to hear some good news for her! What an answer to prayers that little girl is! We can't wait to hear more. We'll continue to pray for all the difficult things you are struggling with. Lots of love.
Todd & Jenny & Ashlee

drhgah said...

Hi my precious little bug. Grandpa great is so glad to have heard you talk and mimic my words. Hang in there and don't eat everything in sight. MUCH love grandpa great.