Nov 28, 2007

Faith

Today was going along great, the doctors had discussed us maybe even going home in a few days if all went well....then Alyvia stopped breathing, she turned BLUE and we couldn't get her to take a breath, it only lasted a minute, but was was still really scary. We gave her oxygen and she still wouldn't breathe, thank goodness we finally got her to take a breath. Its just so surreal when she does this, it is getting worse...and this time she was shaking, so the doctors think that myabe she was seizing. No one really knows why she does this.
When Livie had the sleep study done the EEG showed that she does have the conditions of seizure activity in her brain (which means she has a higher risk of seizing.) The seizure meds were being weaned, but now she will have to go back up on the dosage.
The doctors also think Alyvia's brain is not telling her body to breathe, hopefully as her brain heals this won't be a problem anymore. It just makes me feel really uneasy because Livie randomly does this, and each time it seems to be getting worse. It lasts longer and its harder for her to start breathing again. I am really worried she will do this when she is asleep....(especially since none of her monitors went off when she did this, which also confused the doctors.)
She has made it this far. This is one of those times where I just have to have faith. Through all of this nothing has ever tested my faith so much, but at the same time nothing has ever strengthened my faith so much. I have learned to put all my faith and trust in the Lord, and know that no matter what happens it will be okay. And sometimes that's hard to do. I have no control over these situations, no one does. It is hard to see my little girl go through these things, and sometimes I wonder why, but I know everything happens for a reason. Even if it is making my hair turn grey!
Thank you everyone for all the support and for all the prayers being offered up for sweet little Livie.

4 comments:

Kendall and Katy said...

Megan- your faith is amazing and you are exactly right. It is the only thing to rely on. Your words have helped me to refocus and rely more on faith. Your little girl is amazing and she has made it so far. It sounds like her brain just needs a little more time to heal. We are praying our hearts out for you. I know it will turn out okay.

lexiandgriffinstaxi said...

Megan~
i am not sure you will ever fully understand the impact your faith has had... not only for Livie, but also for every person that is praying for you both, for every person that hears about your situation, for every person that reads your blog. I know that in our little family you have both tought us so much and made us realize how much we should all rely on our Heavenly Father. One of my favorite verses from the Bible is "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength." Philipians 4:13. Through you and Livie, He as given us all strength. We love you so much and miss you tons!
All our love and prayers,
Summer and family

Chrissy said...

Poor little Alyvia. She is such a strong fighter.

Jess and the KIDS!!!! said...

Megan,
I am so sorry to hear that livie coded again. How scary that must have been for you. KNow taht you are in my thoughts and prayers often. You have such a chosen little spirit in little livie and I know you are a chosen mother with great strength. Take care, Jessica